Four reasons for discoloration of EVA foam decking
What are the factors affecting the discoloration of EVA foam decking? I believe that many people are very worried about such problems with boat decking. In fact, EVA foam is used as a new type of decking material for EVA foam boat flooring, kayak deck pad, jet ski traction mat, yacht flooring. It has many advantages, for example, Good shock resistance, waterproof, non-slip, anti-electricity and so on. So today komin Sport summarizes the four reasons why EVA foam decking fades:
The fading of Eva foam decking is related to the light resistance, oxygen resistance, heat resistance, acid and alkali resistance of pigments and dyes, and the characteristics of the resins used. According to the processing conditions and use requirements of eva foam decking, the above-mentioned properties of the required pigments, dyes, surfactants, dispersants, carrier resins and anti-aging additives should be comprehensively evaluated before the masterbatch is produced.
First, the four main reasons why EVA foam decking fades:
1. The fading of acid and alkaline coloring plastic products is related to the chemical resistance (acid and alkali resistance, redox resistance) of the colorant.
Such as molybdenum chromium red is resistant to dilute acid, but sensitive to alkali, cadmium yellow is not acid resistant. These two pigments and phenolic resin have a strong reducing effect on some colorants, seriously affecting the heat resistance and weather resistance of the colorant and discoloration.
2. Anti-oxidation Some organic pigments will gradually degrade after oxidation due to macromolecular degradation or other changes.
This process is one of high-temperature oxidation during processing, and the other is oxidation in the presence of strong oxidants (such as chromate in chrome yellow). After the lake, azo pigment and chrome yellow are mixed and used, the red color will gradually decrease.
3. The thermal stability of the heat-resistant pigment refers to the degree of thermal weight loss, discoloration, and discoloration of the pigment at the processing temperature.
The components of inorganic pigments are metal oxides and salts, which have good thermal stability and high heat resistance. The pigments of organic compounds will undergo molecular structure changes and a small amount of decomposition at a certain temperature. Especially for PP, PA, PET products, the processing temperature is above 280 ℃, when choosing a colorant, on the one hand, we must pay attention to the heat resistance of the pigment, on the one hand, we must consider the heat resistance time of the pigment, which usually requires 4-10rain .
4. The light resistance of the lightfast colorant directly affects the discoloration of eva foam decking.
For outdoor products exposed to strong light, the lightfastness (lightfastness) level requirements of the colorants used are an important indicator. The lightfastness level is poor, and the foam boat decking will quickly fade during use. The light resistance grade of weather-resistant products should be no less than grade 6, preferably grades 7 and 8, and grades 4 and 5 for indoor products. The light resistance of the carrier resin also has a great influence on the color change, and the molecular structure of the resin caused by the ultraviolet radiation changes and fades. Adding light stabilizers such as ultraviolet absorbers to the masterbatch can improve the light resistance of colorants and colored plastic products.
Second: EVA foam decking usually has the following 6 characteristics
1. Water resistance: closed cell structure, no water absorption, moisture resistance, good water resistance.
2. Corrosion resistance: resistant to seawater, grease, acid, alkali and other chemicals, antibacterial, non-toxic, tasteless, and pollution-free.
3. Machinability: No joints, and easy to process such as hot pressing, cutting, gluing and laminating.
4. Anti-vibration: high resilience and anti-tension, high toughness, with good anti-vibration and cushioning properties.
5. Thermal insulation: thermal insulation, thermal insulation and low temperature performance are excellent, can withstand severe cold and exposure.
6. Sound insulation: closed cell, good sound insulation effect.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org